Innovation Norway has the pleasure to announce a brand new business development program with focus on the humanitarian and development market. The aim is to make your company better equipped to deliver smarter and more efficient solutions to this challenging market which is currently experiencing tremendous needs.
The program provides you with:
- Top notch mentoring from industry professionals and an active advisor following your progress
- Insight from UN and NGO technical, programme and procurement staff in terms of the needs and challenges in the market
- Knowledge of business and partnership models, sustainable development and working to deliver on the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Field visits combining learning and doing in central hubs for the humanitarian and development market, e.g. Nairobi and Geneva
- Business development modules based on tested methodology for enhancing competitiveness and profitability (FRAM Market)
- Crucial network in the humanitarian and development market as well as business network
- Program lasting for approx. 1 year from January 2017
The humanitarian and development market is experiencing increasing demands and stretched budgets, and the need for smarter and more efficient solutions is evident. Gaining insight into the actual needs and challenges enable suppliers to offer and create awareness of relevant solutions to contribute to humanitarian operations and development. Furthermore, understanding of how the UN and the NGOs work with companies, how and what they procure (e.g. Norway doubled sale to the UN last year), models for innovative partnerships and business models and enhanced focus on sustainability through the Sustainable Development Goals, ensure that doing good can be good business.
The program will have tailor made components for the market as well as for each individual company. We therefore want to map the initial interest and the profile of the potential participants before developing and sharing more specific details of the program.
We look for companies with the following attributes:
- Ambition to deliver smart and efficient solutions to the humanitarian and development market
- Aspiration to grow and strengthen its competitivess in this field
- Global mindset and scalable solutions
- Market potential or already delivering to the market and aiming to grow its position and visibility
- Contributing to solutions within sustainable energy, ICT, water & sanitation, health or education
- Prepared to allocate resources to participate in sessions in Norway and abroad in 2017 (e.g. Nairobi and Geneva)
- Strategic focus and engagement of leader / decision maker / key resource in the company
Over 30 companies have already expressed their interest in participating in the program and 10-15 companies will be selected to participate in the program which starts March 2017.
Participation fee for the year long program will be approx. NOK 15 000 - 25 000 per person. Travel and accommodation expenses are not included.