What is Architecture Go Global?
- It will contribute to stronger international competitiveness and in the long term increase value creation in the Norwegian architecture industry.
- It provides companies with both expertise and capital during the export phase.
- It will strengthen the potential of selected architectural companies to be given international assignments
- It is a collaboration between the Ministry of Culture, Innovation Norway and the Norwegian Centre for Design and Architecture
Who can apply?
The target audience for the programme is established companies with their main activities being within architecture, landscape architecture or interior architecture. The company must have a strategic goal of exporting, and either be about to get, have received, or be working on, an international assignment.
The programme is intended to be a helping hand for companies looking at international expansion and does not apply to those companies that are already well-established internationally.
In order to qualify for Architecture Go Global, you must:
- Be able to offer architectural services that have significant international potential.
- Have a strategic plan to strengthen the company's expertise and income through international work.
- Have a strong and usually interdisciplinary professional team, that has the necessary skills to realise the ambitions embodied in the company's strategy and action plan.
- Be able provide at least 25% self-financing, which means that up to 75% of the costs can be supported.
Each company will be asked what they want to achieve from participation in the programme, i.e. goals and success criteria for the participation.
What can we finance?
The funds may go primarily towards the purchase of necessary export expertise, but not to cover own hours or normal operations. The approved, calculated costs may be:
- Financial and legal advice
- PR & marketing expertise
- Trademark protection/IPR
- Travel as a result of the export work
- Product web pages
- A mentor
- Other relevant costs
The application deadline is Tuesday June 6th, 2017.
The programme is time limited and the companies can only participate once. Participation will be completed before the summer, with start-up in the autumn of 2017. The programme ends in the autumn of 2018.