Deadline: Thursday, 30 September 2021, 14:00 (Romanian time)
Available amount: 3.251.000 euro
Eligible Applicants: any entity, private or public, commercial or non-commercial, and non-governmental organisations, established as legal person in Romania for at least 3 years at the date of the deadline of the call.
Eligible Partners: any private or public entity, commercial or non-commercial, established as a legal person in Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein or in Romania.
Aims and activities
Outcome: "increased renewable energy production from geothermal sources".
- "increased installed capacity for production of geothermal energy", and
- "increased number of new or refurbished installations for production of geothermal energy".
The call will support projects that develop and implement activities within the geothermal field, both deep high temperature and shallow low temperature geothermal energy, including:
- development and investments in geothermal energy supplying public buildings, office buildings, malls, industrial sites and buildings and private homes
- activities to increase production capacity for geothermal energy
- training of staff on use and maintenance of the equipment, provided by the supplier of equipment, as part of an investment project
- renewal/refurbishment of geothermal distribution system
Read all about the call in the call text: Call for Proposal, Call 2.1 – Geothermal Energy (English)
Call for Proposal, Call 2.1 – Geothermal Energy (Romanian – will be soon available)
Mandatory attachments to the project application:
- Expected outcomes of the implementation of the project (template)
- Detailed Activity Based Budget (DABB) and financial projections for the project, in signed PDF format and Excel file (template)
- Disbursement Plan (template)
- Project Implementation Plan (template)
- Procurement Plan (template)
- Letter of Commitment (template)
- Project Document (template) Project Document (to be submitted only by non-economic operators, e.g. public authorities and NGOs without economic activities) – (template)
Business Plan (template) (to be submitted only by entities involved in economic activities) – (template)
- Draft Partnership Agreement (template) (if relevant)
- CVs of the project management team (template)
- Communication Plan (template)
- If applicavle (i.e. the Applicant is an undertaking): Self-declaration re. undertaking in difficulty (template)
- Self-declaration regarding clean tax and criminal record of the Applicant (and Partner(s) – if relevant) and of the legal representative(s) (template).
If applicable (projects implemented in partnership): Self-declaration regrading clean tax and criminal records of the Partner(s) and of its legal representative(s) (template)
- If the Applicant is a Small or Medium Enterprise (SME): Self-declaration re. SME (template)
- (If applicable i.e. Applicant does not recover VAT) Self-declaration on eligibility of VAT (template)
- Relevant Registration Certificates and statutory documents
a) Applicants – undertakings:
- Certificate of Status (‘Certificat Constatator’) issued by the Romanian Trade Register Office (which should include extensive information about the enterprise’s up to date status).
b) Applicants – NGOs:
- law court decision for the establishment of the NGO;
- latest approved Statute;
- law court decision regarding the latest version of the Statute (if the case).
c) Applicants – public:
- incorporation documents demonstrating that the Applicant is a public authority/entity in Romania, registered in Romania.
- registration certificate (or similar), issued by the competent authority in the Donor State (Norway/Iceland/Liechtenstein)/Beneficiary State (Romania);
- latest approved statute (or similar), which proves that the Partner’s main activity is closely related to the activities in which its contribution is proposed.
- Certified annual financial accounts of the Applicant for 2019 and 2020 (in Romanian) - which bears the Applicant’s signature (electronic or handwritten) and the fiscal’s authority registration number (index).
- The trial balance sheet as per 31 June 2020, certified by the legal representative and their financial officer.
- Applicant’s Annual report (year 2020), which should include (as applicable): the business description/ the activities of the organization/ the activities of the public institution, management’s analysis, reporting on internal controls, Audit report (if the case), notes to the financial statements, risk control processes and analysis, strategic direction, operational and financial performance, listing of the board and directors of the company/organization/public institution..
Essential Reading for Project Applicants
- Standard Terms and Conditions for EEA/Norway Grants programmes operated by Innovation Norway
- Project Assessment Criteria and Methodology – Call 2.1 GeothermalProject Assessment Criteria and Methodology
- Guidelines on Cross-Cutting Issues and Good Business Practice
- Communication Guidelines
- Conversion Guidelines Emissions
- Glossary of Terms
- Guideline for Detailed Activity Based Budget (DABB) and Financial Forecast