Read the call text in English: Call for Proposal - Research and Development
Read the call text in Romanian: Call for Proposal - Research and Development
See the mandatory attachments and essential reding below.
Wednesday, 14 October 2021, 14:00 (Romanian time)
Projects can last until April 2024 at the latest.
In the Call for Proposals, the total amount available is 3,000,000 euro:
- EEA Grants: 1,500,000 euro
- Norway Grants: 1,500,000 euro
Between 200,000 euro and 500,000 euro per project.
In the Small Grants Scheme, the total amount available is 1,100,000 euro.
Between 50,000 euro and 200,000 euro per project.
Enhanced research and development capacity on renewable energy (renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy security) including the development of technologies/ solutions/ services.
Projects will develop and implement activities aiming to enhance research and development capacity on renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy security.
Renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy security:
- Novel technologies for challenges in energy transitions from fossils based to less carbon emissions
- Research and development related to technologies, equipment, tools, solutions, materials etc. for energy transition
- Smart grid technologies
- Energy valorisation of waste
- Pre-feasibility or feasibility studies for carbon capture and storage (CCS) as part of an integrated project
Renewable - Hydropower:
- Energy generation in non-powered dams originally built for water supply, cooling water for industry or irrigation
- Safety of classical hydro power stations operated for designed conditions
- Safety of old hydro power stations against the effect of natural hazards
- Pump storage plants
Who can apply?
Eligible applicants are any entity, private or public, commercial or non-commercial, and non-governmental organisations, established as legal person in Romania for at least 3 years at the date of the deadline of the call.
The Romanian enterprise applies on behalf of the partners in the projects.
Who can be partner?
Call 5(a): Eligible partners are any private or public entity, commercial or non-commercial, established as a legal person in Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein or in Romania.
Call 5(b): Eligible partners are any private or public entity, commercial or non-commercial, established as a legal person in Norway or in Romania.
Small Grants Scheme: Eligible partners are any public or private entity, commercial or non-commercial, established as a legal person in Norway or in Romania.