Both Norway and Europe subscribe to the principle of sustainable development and share a common objective of creating competitive and dynamic knowledge-based economies. To achieve such sustainable growth, through greener and more innovative economities, it is recognised that investment in new green technologies and green innovation is crucial.
'Going green' is not simply contributing towards a lower environmental impact, it also makes economic sense. Businesses across the whole economy can save money through increased energy and resource efficiency and by providing more environmentally friendly products and services to the market. However, there is still a general lack of available funding to support eco-innovation. Entrepreneurs and small businesses in particular are often hampered by a lack of access to finance.
The purpose of the Green Industry Innovation focus area is therefore to contribute to the following:
- Greening of existing industries
- Increasing the competitiveness of enterprises through increased profits and turnover
- Promoting green entrepreneurship
The focus area seeks to promote this by supporting projects which will contribute to:
- Innovative green technologies/processes/solutions developed (new to the market)
- Innovative green technologies/processes/solutions applied (new to the enterprise)
Typical activities which are supported, to mention only some, are:
- Development, implementation and investment in innovative environmental friendly technologies
- Development of green products and services
- Development and implementation of “greener production processes”
- Realisation of business opportunities for greening the economy
Are you interested in learning more about the funding opportunities provided to Green Industry Innovation? Have a look at our section for Call for Proposals to see if any open calls can be of relevance for you.