Waste in Indonesia
Indonesia is facing significant challenges on sustainable environmental management, not least in terms of waste resource management. The country produced 3.2 million tons of plastic waste in 2010, with around 1.29 million tons of that ending up in the ocean. The figure places Indonesia second only to China, with its 8.8 million tons of waste, or 27 percent of global plastic waste. Against this backdrop, Indonesia will reduce 70% of its plastic debris over the next eight years starting in 2017. The country will launch its National Action Plan on Marine Plastic Debris that contains numerous strategies and concrete plans on land, in coastal areas, and at sea, aiming at significantly reducing marine plastic debris as well as contributing to the national ambition on the realization of a trash-free Indonesia.
In addition, Indonesia is also constructing a national program to address the land-based management of waste over a period of four years with finances of up to USD 1 billion, and welcome collaboration from strategic partners, which include Norway and other Nordic countries in this regard.
Opportunities exist for both Norwegian technologies and strategies to efficiently clean up at sea, as well as comprehensive solutions from handling dangerous waste, better value chain for plastic recovery, and producer responsibility in the areas of packaging. The whole circular economy needs a boost in Indonesia.
What can you expect?
We will provide the tools so that you can build an internationalization strategy that meets product/market-fit. Each program is tailor made to fit your specific needs in order to gain fast-track access to the market. The program includes:
- Mentoring; individually and in a group
- Pitch training and presentation exercises
- Workshops and business modelling
- B2B meetings with industry players
- Site visits
- Meet relevant stakeholders and potential business partners
- Strengthen your market insight and test your products or services when meeting with potential clients and partners operating in the Indonesian market.
- Enhance your business’ value proposition. Enter a dialogue with government authorities.
Innovation Norway welcomes you to join us to discover your business potential, understand Asian business culture and capture the future growth opportunities of the industry. The programme prepares your company for growth into the Asian market together with up to 10 Norwegian companies.
Kick-off meeting will be held in Norway in August. The first one-week programme in Indonesia will be in November, covering workshops and seminars with a mix of experts, mentors, industry leaders, investors and professionals.
Follow-up both in groups and individually. Individual prep-work to be done before event.
Participation fee per company is15,000 NOKfor SMEs and 25, 000 NOK for large company. This is not including accommodation, meals, travel or external expenses if relevant (to be agreed in advance).
Important dates 2018
- 1 May - Registration opens
- 31August - Kick-off meeting in Norway
- 5-9 November - 1st Gathering in Indonesia
- Ultimo January 2019 – 2nd Gathering in Indonesia
- March 2019 – Summary and lessons learned in Norway