Hosted by the Royal Norwegian Embassy, the 22nd Annual German Norwegian Energy Forum will provide attendees with insights on energy policy, national and European electricity markets, decentralisation, energy efficiency, digitalisation, and how gas and renewables can collaborate.
Gemeinschaftshaus der Nordischen Botschaften, Rauchstraße 1, D-10787 Berlin
As the energy sector is undergoing a continuous transformation, the forum is designed for professionals who are in the front of the adoption and change processes to a low-carbon and digitally-driven energy industry.
Where is the Next Revolution coming from?
Programme Programme Chair: Gerda Geyer, Innovation Norway Moderator: Samuel Stähle
12:00 Registration, Refreshments and Finger Food
12:30 Welcome Gerda Geyer, Senior Advisor Energy Markets, Innovation Norway
Opening Address Presenting the Conclusions of the 2nd Executive Roundtable Petter Ølberg, Norwegian Ambassador to Germany
Norwegian Energy Policy in Times of Decarbonisation Ingvil Smines Tybring-Gjedde, State Secretary, Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy
Equinor´s Strategy to become a Broad Energy Company Tor Martin Anfinnsen, Senior Vice President, MMP Marketing & Trading, Equinor
Decarbonisation of Economies through Sector Coupling and Power-to-X Dr. Volkmar Pflug, Vice President Energy Consulting, Siemens AG, Power and Gas Division
Commission on Growth, Structural Change and Employment Dr. Stephan Krieger, Director International Relations, German Association of Energy and Water Industries
Q&A with www.sli.do
14:00 Coffee Break
14:30 Key Elements for a Secure, Affordable and Integrated Energy System
- When will Storage become a Business? Dr. Andreas Schröter, Executive Vice President, DNV GL – Energy
- Subsidy free Renewables: Hopes, Tales and the Truth Thomas Leitl, Principal Business Developer, Statkraft Markets GmbH
- E-mobility contributing to Flexible Energy Systems Paal Christian Myhre, Co-Founder & CEO Meshcrafts
Hydrogen on its way - Norway's and Germany's Roadmap
- Hydrogen on its Way Jan Kjetil Paulsen, Senior Advisor Bellona Foundation
- National Innovation Programme Germany Jan Wegener, Programme Manager Europa, NOW GmbH
Discussion: When will we be a Smart and Sustainable Society?
16:00 Coffee Break
16:30 The Green Shift in Norway and the Role of Research and Innovation Rebekka Borsch, State Secretary, Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research
16:50 What are the Future Requirements of an Integrated European Electricity Market?
- A Scientific View on Volatility, Prices Level and CO2 Emissions Prof. Dr. Konstantin Lenz, University of Applied Science, Erfurt
- The Power of the Exchange – Staying Flexible for the Future Kari Ekelund Thørud, CEO, Nord Pool
- Changes in the 2018 European Power Market Bengt P. Longva, Senior Analyst, StormGeo
Discussion: Is the Electricity Market prepared for Changes?
17:50 Closing Remarks by Gerda Geyer, Senior Advisor, Innovation Norway
18:00 Reception and Buffet Dinner hosted by Petter Ølberg, Norwegian Ambassador to Germany