Who can apply?
- UN agencies with a humanitarian mandate
- Norwegian humanitarian organisations with an international mandate
The grant scheme aims to mobilise humanitarian-private partnerships. The humanitarian organisation/agency is the applicant and receiver of the grant.
What are we looking for?
The Humanitarian Innovation Programme is looking for bold ideas that seek to improve resilience against natural disasters or improve humanitarian response in crises and conflict, specifically projects addressing issues related to
- Protection: Humanitarian organisations’ efforts that contribute to protecting people from violence, abuse and violation of international law due to humanitarian crises. Applications focusing on protection from sexual and gender-based violence are encouraged.
- Green humanitarian response: Humanitarian organisations’ efforts that contribute to more sustainable and more environmentally friendly solutions within humanitarian aid.
- Cash transfer programming: Humanitarian organisations’ efforts to provide direct distribution of money rather than traditional relief items to people affected by crises.
NOK 30 million was allocated to innovation and scaling projects in 2019.
- Applications for Innovation Lab projects may range from NOK 4-6 million (or up to NOK 8 million for multiagency projects with 3 or more agency partners)
- Applications for Scaling & Diffusion projects may range from NOK 2-9 million.
- The total funding allocated for each program is subject to applications received.
A call for proposals is published annually. The next call will be published on this website in the end of May 2020. See criteria below. These may be subject to small changes.